Thursday, August 18, 2011

rice and boys

This is Henry:



For those of you who don't know, Henry was born with an immature digestive system, making it so that digestive formula was painful for him. he spent the first month of his life crying all the time. After 1 instacare visit, 2 trips to primary childrens hospital, 9 formulas, and countless dr's visits, we finally found a formula that Henry was happy on, Nutramigen. Its expensive, smelly, and makes his poop absolutely rancid, but he makes him extremely happy. So we are happy.
Anyway, the point of that background, Henry can't digest regular formulas, and baby's on nutramigen typically don't start any kind of solid food until 6 months or up to 1 year. Before I knew that however, when Henry was 3 1/2 months I started putting rice in his formula and he loved it. He didn't have any issues with it, and he is gaining a ton of good weight on it. So the other day I decided to try feeding him just rice, I mean its the exact same as putting it in his formula only its a different consistency.
so we did.
and he loved it.
its too early to tell if he can digest it well, but I don't see why he wouldn't.
we aren't giving it to him a lot, just a little at dinner time in his high chair so mom and dad can eat their dinner together.
So there you have it. Isn't he so cute enjoying his rice?
I hope all I have are boys, and I hope they are just like Henry.
:)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your baby is so adorable!