Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pull that stick out of your butt, shut up, sit down and listen.

About our new president. Obama. I have heard a LOT of opinions today, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. So now let me express mine. When this election started I wasnt for one or the other. Through out the election I became swayed to Obama. the little things, you know. anyway. Obama was elected, by the people, for the people. This system was put into place long ago to protect the country from politicians taking over. It has done well so far, and we would do well to trust it. NOW, my beef. with stupid people who call themselves americans. I just got off facebook where numorous people expressed what they called their "hatred" for Obama. first of all, I know for a fact that NO ONE on my friends list personally knows Obama. If you dont personally know someone, how can you have the audacity to say you hate them? Even if you do know them, how is hating someone, Christ-like? Hint, It's not. second of all, the beauty of america is diversity. blacks, whites, asians, mexicans, koreans, chilians etc can all live in equality and are afforded the same rights to vote and the run for office. It is a CORE part of america, the freedom that every person deserves to be treated equally and be taken seriously. At the very least, every person deserves a chance. A chance to make this country better, to prove themselves worthy, to act on their word and to fulfil their responsibility with the FULL F-ING support of the country behind them. I can not believe people are sitting here today saying they hate obama. In case you havent been following, Obama EARNED his presidency. He won the votes, and he deserves the RESPECT all presidents before him received. If you cant give Obama a chance, your not an american. your a disgrace to everything this country stands for and for everything the soliders are fighting to defend. You are not patriotic. You are in my opinion, a terrible self absorbed person. This hits close to home seeing as how my dad is fighting in Iraq as we speak. Let me get one thing out there. If the tables were turned and McCain was president, although I did not vote for him, he would have my full undivided support. No wavering, No critisism. Because he would have deserved that much respect. 

3 comments:

Joami said...

Amen!!! you tell em sista!!! I love it because the haters dont even know why they dont like him, they only hate him because thats how their parents went or what their party told them to think. Ignorant swine. Tolerance people tolerance!

Mike n Julia said...

Okay now let me ask you a question....Do you fully know Obama?? Do you fully know what he has done in his past? I think not!!! But neither do i...ha ha i am totally kidding...Anyway sorry that the people are causing you so much grief. I personally don't like obama but only because he is for abortion and i am totally against it. But personally, if your okay with everyone having their own opinion, why are you telling them to pull the stick out of their butts? just a question...

bequi said...

Because it's Kati's opinion that they have a stick in their butt, and they should remove it. ;-)

I agree with you. My dad's bishop thinks that Obama is going to get the military to back him up so no one can throw him out of office. WHAT?!

(And my safety word to post my comment today was "stacepoo".)