Friday, December 11, 2009

good news



Today I wanted to make Christmas Stockings for Jason and I.

1 year ago on Dec 26th I started "crafting" if you will.

Which means last year for Christmas, we had way lame stockings.

See here.

I guess I always had this idea that your stockings HAD to be that fuzzy red and white kind that you put felt shapes on because thats what my family does.

When we got married, we did not taking our christmas stockings with us. They stayed with our parents and got filled there, too. :-)

We get 3 stockings.

:-)

Anyway, I wanted better ones then the lame ones I threw together last year.

and I wanted to make them.

so I planned to go to the fabric store today, then michaels, yada yada yada.

THEN I realized, I have tons of stuff here. I need to use it.

so I went to the fabric/craft laundry basket, picked out a bunch of fabrics and went to it. I traced our old stockings, cut, sewed, ironed, freezer paper transfered, aplique'd and walah!

Wow, this picture does not show the detail in the fabric at all. the tan has swirlies and dots. The holly is green and gold striped fabric and the berries are different shades of red stripes.

Don't worry, they are NOT done.

I am going to let Jason decide what he whats to put on his, and I need to mull it over and decide what else and how I want to put on mine.

but my FAVORITE part, are the names. I love the font I chose, and I love that I put the names in the corner of the white instead of in the center.

so in short, I did not have to brave the frigged cold or travel to Midvale and buy supplies.

I had them, all of them, all along. :-)

4 comments:

Whit said...

Good Job Kati!

The Hicks Family said...

OMG!!!...you have some serious cute craft talent...i love those little stockings... i have to agree i am totally in love with that font! :)

It's Me...shell said...

Very fun! I love making stockings for little families

bequi said...

Love