Tuesday, September 21, 2010

pretty comical story, I think.

So I have a funny story that I can't just not share.


Tonight the hubby and I were relaxing in our downstairs living room, Jason was working, I was watching One Tree Hill, all was normal.
**(Now, I am sure we are not alone in this, but when its just us as home, being lazy, Jason and I lounge around in our underwear, our G's. ya know? )**
Then there is a knock at the door.
We look at each other with a pondering"who could that be?" look on our faces.
We had no idea, it was about 7:40.
Luckily, this night I chose to stay fully dressed for some reason. So Jason looks at me and this is our conversation-
Jason:" Well, I am not dressed, go get it!"
Me: "Me? what if it is a murderer? you know how I feel about murderers."
Jason: "Good Luck."
So I go to the door, expecting to find a salesman, instead I find...our hometeacher!!
aw crap! Totally forgot that was tonight!
So I open the door, and make sure to talk loud enough that Jason can tell who it is, and that we are now in a weird situation where we need to get Jason dressed, without being awkward about it.
So I let him in, have him sit on the couch while I frantically run upstairs to get Jason clothes. But then I realize I can't just bring him down clothes, because I would pass the home teacher, who would see, and then that moment would be awkward as opposed to when he reads this later from his wife's blog. ;)
So I think, quickly, how to get clothes to Jason. Our bedroom is right above where he is. I grab a handful of clothes, open the window, pop out the screen, and drop them down below to the sliding door.
Now, I have to go down there, and tell Jason where they are, while passing the home teacher.
so I run downstairs, make a brief stop at the home teacher and mutter something like,"uh, he must be downstairs..."
run downstairs only to find Jason about to walk up the stairs, fully clothed!!! WHAT?!
Well I forgot our laundry room is currently full of clothes, so Jason, obviously being smarter than I, ran dow there and got dressed.
sigh.
Ok. So we go upstairs, pretend like none of this ever happened, and I am sure will have a funny conversation in the future about this with our wonderful home teacher. :)
I know what you are thinking, this would only happen to Kati. :) Glad I could keep you all entertained.

2 comments:

Laci said...

That is HILARIOUS!! Mainly because we have been in the same situation many times. Well, Daniel has anyway. I always have to be wearing at least a t shirt and sweats, because I've always had this fear that "what if there is a fire or something and we have to run out of the house???" Daniel is always like.. we'll live. :o) LOL Whatever. Anyway, so funny!!!

bequi said...

That has SO happened to me, except I was in the bathroom at our first apartment where there was no way to get clothes to me without being obvious. I had Anthony distract the bishop somehow and then I wrapped up in a towel and ran to the bedroom.