Friday, March 11, 2011

The nursery is FINISHED!!!

The nursery is finally finished.
All I had left was to finish the bedding and the changing pad. So I am pleased to say its 100% complete. Well, ok thats not true because eventually I am going to do a skirt for the crib, but that doesnt need to be done for the baby to come. ;) oh crap and I have to put the vinyl and logo on the picture wall, ugh, oh well lol, the baby doesnt need it yet lol.

I have to say I loooove the blue. I am really glad I decided to add it the room because all orange would have been too much I think.

so if I haven't gone through it yet, lets go through the costs of everything, cause it wasn't expensive.
The chair was 5$ at a thrift store. I just changed the fabric and voola.
The dresser we already had, just painted it black and white, instead of brown.
The floating shelves were each 1$ at the DI, that I painted black.
The blue frame was 3$ at Wal-Mart, that I painted blue.
The frames on the wall were all 1$ at the dollar store.
The changing pad cover was 10$ at Wal-Mart.
The rug was the splurge. I made it myself, it costs about 40$, I used a rich thick fabric, and the other supplies were like 20$. But still, at least 150% cheaper than I could have found anything like it online.
The 49er's helmet, and Longhorns helmet on the shelf, were gifts from my momma. Free. :)

This is the blanket I FINALLY got the courage to finish!! I am proud that I didn't ruin it, its not perfect by any means, but for my first one, it rocks. :)

The blanket I would say costs about 50$ between all the different fabric, yarn, appliqué and such. It took a lot of time though. I would guess I spent about 5, maybe upwards of 10 hours on it. It really is the key to the whole room, so I wanted it to be perfect.
I am not including the furniture in this part, because obviously these are things you will always need to get, so its not like I could have gotten it cheaper.
The canvases were 8$ a piece I think, 2$ for the paint. It took me about 30 mins to do.
The curtains were 15$ I think, again I wanted a rich fabric, not cotton.
The Longhorn sign was a gift from my momma lol
the frame above the longhorn sign was actually a wedding gift we never used.
The sheets were 10$.
The bumper was 30$. I was originally going to make the bumper, and it was going to be orange, but I got too nervous about making one that was breathable. So I just bit the bullet and bought a breathable bumper. No suffocating baby for me! :)
The pillow on the glider I got at a yard sale like 2 years ago for 1$.

I didn't keep track, but minus the furniture I would say the whole thing, including wall paint, cost about 200$.

I love my nursery. I go in there sometimes and just sit in the glider and wonder about the future. I put a lot of love into that room, so Henry better love it. :)

3 comments:

Laci said...

CUTE!! I am way impressed with the quilt!! (Frankly, the whole nursery!!)

Whit said...

so cute! Good job getting it done before he came. Because we moved 2 months after Maddux was born there was no point in doing it before he came and now I am still working on it eek. My goal is to have it done before he is one. But now it is less like a baby baby nursery and more like a bigger baby room. still cute i just need to get it done. You have inspired me to finish it

Heather said...

It looks so awesome!