Monday, December 26, 2011

only 3. yep 3.

So today, while bathing, I came to a realization about my family. 
some background:
I wanted 3 or 5 kids, because 4 was too cliche. 
Jason wants 4. 

But today, I decided for sure, I only want 3. 
I had this notion is my head that in order to be a big close family, I had to have at least 4 kids, like my family growing up. 
But, I have learned a lot from observing other families, and that's this: The families that had more kids, generally were a little more out of control, and weren't as close as I though, and the mom was stressed to the max. 
The families with 3 or less, seemed like the mom had more time to devote to each child as an individual, and that because they were smaller families, they seemed to be a little closer. 
See, having 3 kids has always felt right to my soul, but to my mind I always said oh no that's not enough. 
As my usual disclosure goes, I know my thoughts, and feelings can always change. 
  But for now, thats my feeling. 
So, 1 child down, 1 in the oven, only 1 more left!

No comments: