Wednesday, February 8, 2012

what happened.

Monday I was really sick, which was fine cause I have been sick for a couple weeks. 
After we put Henry to bed, I went to our room to lay down, and my stomach started hurting. It wasn't where the baby was, but it still didn't feel ok. after a while it started to be really painful, and it was every 3-5 mins. When I realized the pain was coming and going in a timed pattern, I got really scared I was going into early labor. I'm only 17 weeks. So I finally told Jason around 9 pm I thought we should go to the ER. 
My neighbor came over and stayed with Henry til my mom could get there, and we left. 
first, can I just say I freaking HATE going to the ER. I swear, for a place titled EMERGENCY, they are sooo slow. anyway, They actually didn't seem too worried about what was going on, they did a complete ultra sound and the baby was totally fine. Oh, and we found out that its another boy. :) After that they put an IV in and gave me a ton of fluids. 
Then the Dr came in and told us that I was dehydrated, with a severe bladder infection and a urinary tract infection. The Dr said with that combo, it can FEEL like early labor. So they gave me antibiotics, and at 1 am we went home HOPING to get sleep before Henry wakes up at 6 am. 
Well for me that didn't go so well. The infections gave me a fever, and the chills, and I do not do well with the chills, at all. I HATE being cold and hot at the same time and when I am sick, I practically live in the bath tub. I took about 10 baths from 1 am to 6 am. got no sleep. I think Jason slept the whole time, I am not sure. after Henry's first nap we went to my mom's who graciously took care of Henry while I took more baths in her jetted tub and Jason took a long nap. I spent the afternoon taking more baths, and wrapped in a blanket by the fire trying to resist the urge to get in the bath, again. 
I didn't eat, or drink, all day. I couldn't. It was awful, I felt so sick I couldn't even stomach water. I finally was able to drink a smoothie. 
When we got home we gave Henry a bath and then put him to bed. That is when heaven started for me. I immediately took tylenol PM and layed in bed. I thought I was watching TV with Jason, but I actually fell asleep instantly. I remember waking up once to my mom calling to check on me, and once to the doorbell who was my neighbor bringing me flowers(so sweet). Other than that, the whole night it a total heavenly blur. My fever broke around 8 pm I think, so I was completely comfortable and totally zonked out. Henry didn't wake up to eat until 4 am, and then slept in until 7 am. I got so much needed sleep it was amazing. I feel 100 times better today than I did yesterday. 
So all in all, everyone is ok and doing much better. 
and on the plus side, we are SOOOO excited that our baby is another boy. I really wanted Henry to get a brother and I am soooo excited for him to get here and see how they interact. People think I wanted a girl, cause I already had a boy, but honestly, I want all boys now. seriously. and I am only having 3 kids, so only one more boy to go! 
Thanks every one who helped and said nice things to me. I have the best family and circle of friends. 

No comments: