Tuesday, March 20, 2012

the simple life

 
Spring has sprung, technically, and so had a simpler way of life. 
Its hard to explain the spark of simplicity that has been ignited in me, other than I KNOW I like living simple. I've done it before, recently, and my days are so much more enjoyable and fulfilling when I live simple. 
meaning not living off my DVR, not checking my phone or FB every 5 minutes, not trying to spoil Henry with all the toys in the world so it takes pressure off me to entertain him, not going to the store or running meaningless errands just to get out of the house. 
a day I don't get in my car, check my phone once, never turn on my TV, and play on the ground or outside with my little blessing of a son, is a great, fantastic day. 
I am glad winter has almost vanished, and I can get back to a simpler way of life. It seems like its harder to do that during winter. 
I am excited, and I am excited for what it will do for myself, and my family. 
I became a mom on April 7th,  but I feel like I REALLY became a mom lately, since Henry's personality has come out more and its more evident that he is a person, and a person that is my responsibility in everything.   
Tomorrow, with a fantastic forecast of 58 degrees, is the beginning of it all. 

Oh, and on Monday, Henry and I are going to a mommy and me type class. 
super stoked. 

No comments: