Wednesday, March 21, 2012

motherhood

Sometimes through out the day, I need little pick me ups, and the best pick me ups lately for me, have come from lds quotes on Mothers. I often here of church leaders talking about how "important motherhood is" but I always assumed they were just telling us that so we didnt feel ignored. These quotes certainly drive home the point of importance the role of motherhood has. One of my favorites is when one says She is a co-partner with God. That, is amazing. When I was pregnant with Henry I certainly felt like a co partner with God, costantly. Then when he was born I guess I assumed I was all on my own now, but its certainly not the case. So here are some of my favorites for you, in case you need a pick me up. :)




Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels -Conference Report, Oct. 1942, pp. 12–13

There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be “full-time moms,” at least during the most formative years of their children’s lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part-or full-time; some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else.

She is a co-partner with God in bringing His spirit children into the world. What a glorious concept! No greater honor could be given. With this honor comes the tremendous responsibility of living and caring for those children so they might learn their duty as citizens and what they must do to return to their Heavenly Father... A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else has, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress, affect the lives of her children and the whole family.
--President N. Eldon Tanner

President Gordon B. Hinckley stated that “God planted within women something divine.” That something is the gift and the gifts of motherhood. Elder Matthew Cowley taught that “men have to have something given to them [in mortality] to make them saviors of men, but not mothers, not women. [They] are born with an inherent right, an inherent authority, to be the saviors of human souls … and the regenerating force in the lives of God’s children.” Motherhood is not what was left over after our Father blessed His sons with priesthood ordination. It was the most ennobling endowment He could give His daughters, a sacred trust that gave women an unparalleled role in helping His children keep their second estate. As President J. Reuben Clark Jr. declared, motherhood is “as divinely called, as eternally important in its place as the Priesthood itself.”
--Sister Sheri Dew

One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one. 
--Thomas S. Monson

Sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well, and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others, even to your children. 

1 comment:

The Hunts said...

This post really meant a LOT to me. Thank you so much for it!I know that you might not know who I am but I noticed that you followed my blog and somehow I ended up on yours and I love your posts!! Thanks again for these amazing words!