Thursday, June 7, 2012

again, mine beats yours.

Last night while taking out one of my contacts, I scratched my eye. 
Worst pain I have ever felt(next to having a certain area waxed, NEVER again).
I couldn't keep my eye open, or  shut, so I just had to pick one. I closed my eyes and fell asleep around 830. 
My sweet, adorable, thoughtful husband then went downstairs and cleaned my entire kitchen and dining room.  Did the dishes, swept the floor, took out the garbage, restocked the paper towels, etc. all of it. 
I can not tell you what this meant to me, and I didnt even know it would. 
I woke up this morning not feeling any of my usual gotta clean the house stress. I woke up ready for a day of being a mom. I felt so much happier knowing that the biggest daily chore I have was done, and I could just spend most of the day playing with my son. 
and boy did we. 
We got out his pool, and swam in 8 inches of water for hours. 
we laughed. 
wrestled.
snacked.
snuggled. 
It was fantastic. 
I am not sure my husband knew by doing this that it would dramatically change my day today, but I grateful he did it anyway. 
I love that man of mine

No comments: