Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I knew I forgot something

I keep feeling like there is something I am forgetting to blog and there is!
Its on the pregnancy front so if your tired of it, ignore.

There has been some development in the delivery day details. Its a little early to be talking about that, but my Dr. wanted me to know about a possible complication. I haven an anterior placenta.
See here:
So, basically the placenta is supposed to form behind the baby, in between your insides and baby. Mine is growing in front of baby, on the outside of my stomach. There is nothing wrong with this during pregnancy, the only complication comes during delivery. It is possible with anterior placentas that the placenta could fall to the bottom, closing off the cervix and birth canal. If that does happen, it will mean I can't deliver vaginally, and will need a C-Section. We won't know until delivery if it has fallen, and he did say it is possible for it to move to the correct position, but that its not something to worry about. I just don't want the 6 weeks recovery that comes with a C-Section. :( That will break my heart. so cross your fingers for me!

3 comments:

The Chappells said...

Mine is in front too and they haven't seemed concerned about it at all. I'm sure you will be fine :)

Lue said...

Oh I had that with Flint!!! But mine actually moved so I'm sure everything will work out for you!!!

It's Me...shell said...

I'd never heard of this, but just so you know you may need 6 weeks to recover from delivering vaginally. Because of infections and my tear