Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas. :)

I am too focused on cleaning right now to blog about Christmas, I am sure one day I will get around to it, but I do want to quickly blog about one of my favorite gifts I got.
This little guy, I call him Steve, is my new irobot Roomba vacuum.
I will admit, before Steve came along I was a skeptic about this little device, I thought there was no way it would do a good enough job to make it worth it.
I was wrong.
Steve starts in the middle of the floor, goes in circles until it detects a wall, then it goes along the walls to clean the corners, baseboards etc, then it spends about 20 mins just going all over the place vacuuming. If it detects more dirt in one area, it spends more time there. The proof is in the pudding, my floors are beautiful, and when I empty Steve there is a bunch of junk in there.
My favorite part about Steve is that he works on tile. NO MORE SWEEPING! Obviously since I am OCD I will occasionally get out the old fashion broom and just do a deep sweep, but Steve can handle the rest.
I love Steve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh! I love Roombas! We had one named Sprocket, unfortunately, Sprocket has been put to rest in his box because his battery won't hold a charge - but I think purchasing a battery would be an easy fix. I have mild doubts about his ability to hold up to the mounds of hair my dog loses daily, but I think it's definitely worth a shot! Merry post-Christmas! :)