Thursday, January 13, 2011

finishing touches

The nursery is so much fun now for me to just add finishing touches. The big stuff is done, and now its just fun little tweeking here and there.

These two shelves are really the only thing left to play with until I get the furniture in, but this is what I have done so far.

I think alphabet walls are fine, if your wall is 20 feet long, otherwise it really makes a room look small, but I like the idea of having the alphabet displayed somewhere. Plus doing it on a wall, do you even understand how many holes that would be?! sillyness. So I did this instead:

I like this better, when its time to start teaching him the ABC's, we can just take this down and learn them, like reading a book. I chose this one to bring in more different colors to the room.

This weekend Jason and I are hopefully going to finally decide on a crib set and get it ordered, along with every other tiny thing. I have this need right now to be fully prepared to him to come. :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you chose such a bold color for your nursery! Too bad it's the orange from the wrong UT (GO VOLS!) just kidding ;)
I'm really digging the shift a lot of people are making away from all pastels - it really seems like it makes the room more versatile and easier to adapt as your child grows. My all-time favorite is this one from modgblog - http://www.modgblog.com/2010/11/11/planktons-supah-fly-nursery-where-rockstars-are-made-who-like-aqua/ - if you check it out be aware she swears here and there, but if you just scroll through for the pictures you shouldn't notice.