Monday, January 10, 2011

Henry's Nursery

Well last week I finally tackled the nursery, and I looove it. I will show you pictures of it now, even though its not done.

This is what it looks like when you walk in:

The curtains are a lot darker than that, they are almost brown, but they are this really nice tafetta fabric so the shine part showed up a lot in the flash. My favorite part is probably the white wall, I bought those floating shelves at the DI for 1$ each, and painted them glossy black. The blue frame I got at wal-mart for 3$ and painted it that color. I loved it because it tied into the carpet pattern, which is here:

My friend Heather made her own carpet, and I was so excited at the idea because I could not for the life of me find an area rug that was special, and that I loved for a good price. So I just made my own! Its very thick upholstery fabric, with a few layers of other stuff underneath and I really just love it. Not bad for 30$.
This wall is probably the focal point of the room. The room was obviously done in a Texas Longhorns theme, and these are a bunch of pictures of the football team. My favorite is the big one. :)
This is the quilt that I have made, or started to make, that ties it all together I think. I haven't finished it, it just need to be quilted with a back and batting, then it will be done. I haven't made the crib set yet because we haven't gotten the crib.

My last shower was this saturday and it was so much fun. I love it when we cram 20+ people into my moms house, and its better when they're family lol. Funny random thing, I got a lot of stuff from all my showers, thank you everyone, but I didn't get ONE bottle! lol Jason and I now just need to go buy the rest of our registry, a crib, dresser, and glider. Then we are done!

2 comments:

Laci said...

DARLING!!! Absolutely love it. And that is funny about the bottle thing... :/ But at the same time, now you can go research the best kind, and get what you want! If you are nursing him, you wont need that many anyway. I got some that came with the pump that I bought, and used those for MONTHS. So if you are getting a pump, maybe that's one way to go...? Anyway, AWESOME job on the nursery!! SO CUTE!!

Heather said...

It turned out AWESOME! I really love the picture wall. Your rug looks great! Thanks for the shout out :)