Sunday, June 28, 2009

persons


You know how everyone has PERSONS? A hair person, a nail person etc? Well let me tell you about my 2 favorite Persons.

My hair person.
This is Jami. My hair person. She is nothing short of FABULOUS! 3.5 years ago I made a huge mistake for a boy, and I died my beautiful long blonde hair,black. Yes I know, huge mistake. I went to a girl in our ward, and she pretty much ruined it more by bleaching it and dying it maroon, oh it was awful. Then, the best decision I have ever made in my hair life, I went to Jami. Jami has been my hair person ever since then and I strongly suggest she become your hair person too. MY favorite part about Jami is that she knows exactly what I DO want and what I DON'T want, despite what I say. Lets face it, we all have these moments where you think a drastic style change would be fun so you go the hair salon and say" dy it brown with red streaks then cut it in the shape of a heart." :-/ If I were ever to go to Jami and say that, she would listen and say, OK, but then I would walk out with my regular blonde highlights and trim, cause Jami knows I don't really want change. She is out of the town for the summer, and I feel lost :-(


This is Dr. McNeil and he is my dentist person. why is he my favorite you ask? well I will tell you. I hate the dentist, I just don't like foreign objects in my mouth let alone someone hands. To be honest, I hadn't been to the dentist since I got my wisdom teeth out, 2.5 years ago. I know, gross. But I just have this fear of the dentist. So I decided it was time to go, I went to some shmow of a dentist out in bountiful who told me I had several cavities and that he refused to work on me cause I was so figidity, he told me I needed to go to a sedation dentist. Insurance does not cover the sedation portion of a sedation dentist. crap. My mother in law works at an orthodontist office and knew of a sedation dentist in our area. Dr McNeil. So I made an appointment, and went to a consultation. Now, lets be honest, 90% of dentists are awkward people, they just are. He is no exception, he is kinda awkward, but so wonderful!! he was so nice and took the time to explain things and to know exactly what I hated about the dentist. Best part? the sedation portion, was free. He doesn't want to exploit patients that have trouble with the dentist, and he doesn't want to squeeze them for every penny. So he gave me the pills I would need to take before I came in. With sedation obviously someone has to drive you there and back too. I can honestly tell you, I don't remember much about the dentist, I remember I didn't feel any pain, and I watched TV on the ceiling lol. He filled all of my cavities that day, sent me home with more meds for pain as needed and I was on my way. 2 days later, my phone rings and its him!! the actual dentist himself was doing a follow up phone call. OMG. He is so awesome!


Without a shadow of a doubt I would highly recommend both of these people to you. They are both exceptionally wonderful at what they do and you can tell they care about your outcome.
Dr McNeil is in midvale, so he might be kinda far for some of you, and Jami is going to be in Layton when she comes back from her STUPID summer adventure ;-).

now for our weekly update.

Things are going fabulous. Work is great for both of us and life is fun. There is nothing really significent to report... I am taking vitamins for my hair, loaded with Biotin and other good stuff. I actually found a picture of my hair from Feb this year, and my hair has probably grown 4 inches since then so maybe it doesn't grown as slow as I thought. We will see! I have noticed that my hair seems to be more thick, which is great. Jason and I want to get a cat, but its like a total of 400$ for a deposit and only half is refundable, plus 25$ extra a month, so we are waiting to decide if that is worth it. Really Jason and I are just 2 boring people who are madly in love :-)


No comments: