Sunday, October 24, 2010

let the madness begin.

we all obviously knew it was only a matter of time before I started the nursery.
And I am pleased to report it has begun. :)
Starting with this fabulous 5$ chair I purchased a while ago.

Some fancy fabric and a few staples later....

Lovely right?
I love it.

A couple of things I should mention in case anyone wants to re-do a chair of their own.
1. I chose a fabric with stripes(I didn't have a lot of options), and I tried really hard to make sure they all lined up, but towards the end I got impatient, pulled a little too hard in one corner so now the top panel is slightly crooked.
2. I used a staple gun for this project, because obviously its easier. The top part of the chair pushes out, and is two sided. The staples weren't exactly flush, and poked out a little which I didn't think would matter. But when going to push it back in, it made it somewhat hard. do-able, but nerve wracking.

And yes it is in the nursery, and no the green stripe going down the corner will not be staying. AND, the wall looks red in this pic, but I promise it is burnt orange.
I just hate baby blue. Have I mentioned that?
Actually, all things pastel for that matter.
The hubby and I bought all the fabric I will need for the nursery, so in the next coming weeks instead of my boring prego posts, it will be boring craft/re-do posts.
which are a little more fun right??

No comments: